If you are setting up a new site, you will need to add your facilities (locations) and your employees to your IndustrySafe site before you can start with the Industrial Hygiene Module. See the Getting Started Guide for more information on this set-up below.
Prior to conducting a qualitative exposure assessment you should set up your database of Agent data. More information can be found here: Getting Started with the Industrial Hygiene Module - Agent Data
Once you have set up your agent data, follow the steps below to complete a Qualitative Exposure Assessment.
1. Go to the Industrial Hygiene module by selecting the Industrial Hygiene tab
2. On the horizontal menu select Qualitative Exposure Assessments>Add (+) New Assessment
3. The Qualitative Exposure Assessment Form will appear
5. Complete the appropriate fields, including the required fields
6. Select Save
7. The Qualitative Exposure Assessment you just entered will appear in the Qualitative Exposure Summary.
View the Quick Start Guide here.
Required fields and drop downs for the Qualitative Exposure Assessment (such as monitoring requirements and respirator used) can be set-up under System Functions>Edit Forms>Industrial Hygiene -Qualitative Exposure Assessments
The Qualitative Exposure Assessment Form also allows for an Exposure Risk Assessment based on the Exposure Profile Rating. The Exposure Profile Rating is calculated by the (Toxicity Rating) x (Exposure Rating) x (Time Rating). The toxicity rating is a user entered field pulled from the Agent form; the exposure rating is based on a scale of 1 to 4; and the time rating is also based on a scale of 1 to 4. Definitions of the scales used for exposure and time rating are included as hyperlinks on the Qualitative Exposure Assessment form.
Users can add as many interviewees as they would like to the Industrial Hygiene Qualitative Exposure Assessment Form.