If you are setting up a new site, you will need to add your facilities (locations) and employees or contractors to your IndustrySafe site before you can add a training record. See the Getting Started Guide for more information on this set-up below.
After adding your facilities and employees to your IndustrySafe site, you can then set up your site’s class catalog.
The Class Catalog function allows you to record all classes that are taught throughout your organization. A class needs to be entered in the class catalog in order for an employee to be assigned to the class. On the Class Catalog form it is important to identify the retraining cycle of the class. Based on the retraining cycle, when an employee is assigned to a class the system will initially populate the next required date for an employee to retake the class.
Note: If you have purchased IndustrySafe’s training content add-on, online safety training courses will be automatically added to your site’s class catalog. However, if you have not purchased IndustrySafe’s training content add-on, you will need to manually add your classes to the catalog.
Once your site has been set up (or if you are using the IndustrySafe Demo Site), follow these steps to manually Add a Class to the Catalog:
- Open the Training module by selecting the Training tab in the main menu.
- On the horizontal menu, select the green plus sign in the upper left and select "Add Class to Catalog."
- A blank Class Catalog form will appear.
- Complete the appropriate fields, including the required fields.
- Be sure to enter a name for the class and identify the retraining cycle of the class.
- Select the Save button.
- If all required fields are complete and all data is in a valid format, the successful save message will appear.
View the Quick Start Guide here.
Did You Know?
The retraining cycle will populate the next required date for an employee to retake the class.
The hours fields will populate the hours of training for each employee and allow you to tally total hours taught.