The Inspection module includes recording forms and checklists to be utilized for inspections and audits in a wide variety of areas, as well as analysis in the area of inspection/audit compliance. The default settings of the module includes four types of pre-set checklists including: General Checklists, OSHA 1910 Checklists, OSHA 1926 Checklists and Voluntary Protection Program Compliance Checklists. (IndustrySafe System Administrators can edit these four checklist types). The pre-set checklists are based on OSHA and VPP regulations.
If you are setting up a new site, you will need to add your facilities (locations) to your IndustrySafe site before you can add an inspection.
If you are using the IndustrySafe Demo Site or your site has already been set up, follow these steps to add an inspection.
- Open the Inspection module by selecting the Inspection tab in the main menu.
- Use the green plus sign in the upper left to add an Inspection.
- Select an Inspection Category.
- Select an Inspection Checklist.
- If the Inspection Type is OSHA 1910, OSHA 1926, or VPPA you will also have to select a Subpart and Topic.
- Select the Continue button.
- Complete the appropriate fields, including the required fields.
- Select the Save button.
- If all required fields are complete and all data is in a valid format, the successful save message will appear.
View the Quick Start Guide here.
A System Administrator can edit the Inspection Checklist templates or Add new checklists. Users can set-up reoccuring inspections.