Editing an existing field label means that you change the field label of an existing field. For example, you can change a field originally labeled "Estimated Cost of Corrective Action" to "Estimated Cost."
Quick Steps Example: Editing an Existing Field
- Open the System Functions module by selecting the System Functions wrench in the main menu.
- On the horizontal menu select Set-Up, then select Edit Forms.
- In the Recording Form drop down, select the Recording Form where the field appears.
- In the Section drop down, select the Section where the field appears.
- Find the field you wish to edit. If it is an editable, place your cursor in the text box and enter the new field label.
- Select the Save button.
- The field label will now be changed. Select the View Form button, to verify that the field label changed.