The Corrective Action Module includes several different types of automatic email alerts that are sent to users. All email alerts include a brief summary of the related corrective action and a link to the corrective action in IndustrySafe where the user may view more information and update the corrective action if necessary. The list below describes the email alerts available in the Corrective Action Module of IndustrySafe.
- Assigned Corrective Action: When the Responsible Party for a corrective action is first assigned or changed, they are sent an email alert telling them that they have been assigned a corrective action.
- Corrective Action Coming Due - First, Second, and Third Notices: These Alerts are sent to the user selected as the Responsible Party for the corrective action to remind them that the corrective action is coming due. By default, these alerts are sent 10, 5, and 1 days before the corrective action is due.
- Corrective Action Overdue - First, Second, and Third Notices: These Alerts are sent to the user selected as the Responsible Party for the corrective action to remind them that the corrective action is over due. By default, these alerts are sent 1, 5, and 10 days after the corrective action is due. The user selected as the Second Level Responsible Party is sent a copy of the second and third notices. The user selected as the Third Level Responsible Party is sent a copy of the third notice.
- Open Corrective Action Summary Alert: Each user with an open corrective action is sent an email alert on a periodic basis that provides a link to a list of all their open corrective actions. By default this alert is sent weekly.
- Corrective Action Closed - Responsible Party and Investigator: These alerts are sent to the users identified as the Responsible Party and the Investigator for the corrective action when it has been closed. This provides them with confirmation that a corrective action was closed and provides an opportunity to review the resolution to ensure that the issue was properly resolved.
A system administrator may configure the corrective action email alerts by following the steps bellow.
- Select the System Functions wrench on the main menu.
- On the horizontal navigation menu select Setup > Edit Forms
- On the Edit Forms Page select Corrective Actions for the Recording Form and Email Alerts for the Section.
- On this screen you may enable or disable email alerts and change the timing of when they are sent out.
- When you are finished making changes to the email alerts select the Save button.
For more information on getting started with corrective actions, please click this link.