New fields can be added to any recording forms. When adding a new field the user can define the field label, field type and if it is a required field. If the new field is a drop down, the user can also populate the drop down values. New fields always appear at the end of the section to which they are added.
Quick Steps Example: Adding a New Field
- Open the System Functions module by selecting the System Functions wrench in the main menu.
- On the horizontal menu select Set-Up, then select Edit Forms.
- In the Recording Form drop down, select the Recording Form for which to add the field.
- In the Section drop down, select the Section for which to add the field.
- Select the Add a Field button.
- A new field will appear at the bottom of the section.
- Enter the desired field label. Select the desired field type and indicate if the field should be required.
- Select the Save button.
- Select the View Form button, to verify that the field was added to the form.
- If the field type is Drop Down, select the Edit Drop Down link to enter the appropriate values.