Product Owner - Reports and Analytics
Come join the IndustrySafe Team, a market leader in environmental, health, and safety software. We are looking for someone to become a key part of our team as a Product Owner in managing the reporting and analytics component of IndustrySafe, our Software as a Service offering.
The Product Owner role plays an important part in our company’s product development process as he/she will be responsible for delivering product targets within the IndustrySafe reporting function.
This position is a full time, permanent position that offers a competitive salary (with a bonus), full benefits, and the opportunity for growth. IndustrySafe has over 400 clients who are leaders in manufacturing, transportation, construction, and government.
- Managing communications for internal and external clients, both receiving requests as well as providing feedback
- Break down the high-level features and marketing requirements into more detailed features, epics and user stories
- Developing, gathering, and documenting system requirements, specifications, and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback from conception to delivery
- Creates and manages the product backlog along with the Vice President of Technology and the Director of Client Services, representing the voice of the customer throughout the software development lifecycle
- Support the development of a prioritized Product Backlog, including the development of user stories, acceptance criteria and scenarios for the development team to develop software improvements and features
- The Product Owner will be the Subject Matter Expert for the development teams, drawing on their broad domain knowledge and will serve as the go to person for the business analysts and development teams for project development decisions and articulation of the requirements
- Makes independent decisions and takes action within broadly defined practices and procedures helping team achieve the sprint goals
- Facilitation of collaboration sessions between multiple parties around Product and Feature development
- Work closely with the Vice President of Technology in product planning, release planning, team capacity and prioritization of sprint work
- Work closely with the Solutions Architect to monitor the health and performance of the IndustrySafe Reporting application in the production environment
- Engage in day-to-day activities with the Product development teams. This involves attending daily scrum ceremonies, leading refinement sessions, and engaging with the development team, providing direction and focus
- Creating/documenting business process flows, system diagrams, and database diagrams using Microsoft Visio or equivalent
Skills and Experience
The Product Owner must have the desire to work in a small team in a fast paced entrepreneurial
- 5-8 years of experience as a Business Analyst (or Sr. Business Analyst) / Product Owner role preferably for a SaaS vendor
- Experience in eliciting requirements from stakeholders and ability to work closely with them to determine acceptable solutions
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process
- Experience using Jira, TFS, or other issue and project tracking software
- Technical understanding of multi-tier web applications, API Web Services and mobile applications
- Working knowledge of reporting and business intelligence solutions including report development, SQL and Oracle
- Knowledge and expertise in Logi Analytics a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Management Information Systems/Technology or related field
- Must be organized and detail oriented
- Must possess excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
About This Company
Headquartered in Philadelphia, IndustrySafe, Inc. provides the IndustrySafe Software to a wide range of diverse clients in the transport, government, construction, and manufacturing sectors.
Our mission is to provide the most user friendly and cost effective environmental, health, and safety software for our clients. Our team is innovative, smart, fast-paced and committed to a safer, healthier world.